- This event has passed.
Fed Up? How Looming Rate Hikes May Effect Equity Markets
September 24, 2015 @ 12:00 pm EDT–1:00 pm EDT
The NIRI Virtual Chapter is pleased to announce our first webinar of 2015-16 with a discussion on the likelihood and potential impact of rate hikes on the equity market.
The session moderator will ask the question: Are rising rates already priced into market valuations or are investors betting on the Feds to delay in the wake of the recent market correction and strong U.S. dollar? As well as providing insight into:
- The indicators (jobs, economic growth, inflation) the Federal Reserve monitors as the catalysts for rate hikes.
- Which of the 10 major sectors of the economy are safer or more vulnerable.
- How IROs can prepare and anticipate the effect on balance sheets, capital allocations and the company’s ownership base.
- Capital allocations and the company’s ownership base.
Based in Charlotte, N.C., Sara covers the U.S. macro economy, including the labor market, manufacturing sector, and inflation trends. She regularly writes indicator reports, produces special commentary, and contributes to the company’s Weekly Economic & Financial Commentary. Sarah frequently speaks about the economy to the national media, including Bloomberg News and National Public Radio. Prior to joining Wells Fargo in 2010, Sarah worked as a research associate for the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond .
Sarah earned a B.A. in economics from Tulane University in New Orleans and an MSc in local economic development from the London School of Economics. She is a member of the National Association of Business Economics and the Charlotte Economics Club.
Learning Objectives: After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe and discuss the indicators that the Federal Reserve Monitors as catalysts for rate hikes.
- Describe how their company’s industry sector may be impacted by rate hikes relative to other sectors.
- Advise their management team on potential adjustments to their IR messaging strategies in response to rate hikes.
Questions: You can submit questions in advance of the program to NiriVirtualChap@bellsouth.net (please put “Question for Upcoming Fed Up Webinar in the subject line), during the webinar by using the “chat” block, or on Twitter to @NIRIVC #FedUp.
We look forward to your attendance.